over 2 years ago
Hi Sparkathon participants,
We’re happy to announce that Object Storage is now available with our free Bluemix trial for up to 5GB of data. To add Object Storage to your Analytics for Apache Spark Instance, follow the steps below:
- Sign up for Bluemix and upgrade your trial via the provided promotional code.
- On the Bluemix Dashboard, click on the "Data & Analytics / Work with Data" box.
- On the left sidebar, click into "Analytics" -- this will take you to the Analytics for Apache Spark page.
- Click "New Instance" and then set up your instance using the "Free" object storage option. (Please use the term "Spark" in your Object Storage instance name.)
Okay, I’ve got my Object Storage, now what?
After you complete your Object Storage form, you’ll be redirected to the "My Notebooks" section of your instance. Click "New Notebook." The "Create Notebooks" page includes sample notebooks that are helpful for learning about Analytics for Apache Spark.
If you click into the “Samples” tab, you'll see two sample notebooks to get you started. The first is called "Getting Started with Notebooks" and it includes instructions for accessing a data set and formatting it for the rest of the tutorial/sample.
The second sample notebook is called "Analytics Notebooks and Apache Spark." It discusses Apache Spark and explains how you can use Spark with Analytics Notebooks to analyze raw weather data using the Python API. It also provides access to raw weather data from the NOAA National Climatic Data Center (NCDC).
I think I get it. Anything else I should know?
Yes, just a few more things.
First, the fine print. Please note that if you exceed the 5GB Object Storage limit, you may incur charges and/or your free Bluemix trial account may be discontinued, and any Submission(s) that uses the Bluemix account may be disqualified from receiving a prize at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Now, the fun stuff. We’ve pulled together a few more tools to help you make the most of your Analytics for Apache Spark experience. Take a look at:
- How to get started on Bluemix
- Tutorials and Samples for IBM Analytics for Apache Spark
- IBM® Analytics for Apache Spark Documentation
Again, we apologize for any delay in hacking, and hope that using these new tools you can move forward with your projects.
All the best,
Your Sparkathon Team